• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Non Programming HelP: Trying to get khan

Non Programming HelP: Trying to get khanacademy vids on my ipod classic

I am a caveman. I don't have a phone. I don't have a tablet. I have an ipod classic from (I'm pretty sure) 2007-2009. 160 gb.

I downloaded a bunch of K.A videos from iTunes University and am attempting to sync them to my ipod. It's telling me they're the wrong format. They're all .mp4.

I don't know much about video/audio encoding or file formats, but I did look this much up:

Video
H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

The only VIDEO format specified there is MPEG-4, which I know isn't the same thing as .mp4. It does say the stereo audio for all videos are supported in .mp4 formats, but that's not saying anything about whether the whole video file is .mp4. I have no idea what H.264 is.

My Khanacademy videos are mostly 640 * 3XX (some variable number in the 300s) with a bitrate lower than 1.5 or 2.5 mbps.

What should I convert these videos to in order to get them to sync?
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.