What do companies want in a programmer

Pages: 12
Sorry I meant the answer chosen. And yes I did read that answer. And yes I agree that is sound advice. Unless you have a reason not to AND know how to do it better in your particular circumstance, use the STL
Be able to communicate. People get hired all the time simply because they know how to talk with people, and they know how to write. You can be the most technically smart person in the world, but if you have zero communication skills you will get beat out by other people.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
To avoid further derailing this thread, I've created another at this location:

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/128197/
Thanks for trying to get this back on track Fred (even though it was you throwing it off)...

Anyway I'm actually surprised that the debugging techniques I've read up on so far are so simple, but I suppose it's actually understanding why your program variables will be changing in ways that may be different to expected.

Are there any more suggestions that people have of high importance techniques or practices, etc?
Debugging, as mentioned, is very important. You may also want to consider learning to use profilers.
I would look at geeksforgeeks.org. They occasionally post interview questions on there. Honestly I was impressed on how some people were actually able to solve some of the problems given. I have a long way to go.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12