Wifi Password

closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Is there a way to get a wifi password that is entered in a laptop (Windows 7)

My cousin has a laptop and his big brother put it in the wifi for him, but his brother does not want to tell him the password for some stupid reason, and he wants to connect from his phone, is there a way to get that password thats entered in his laptop?
Try to click the network icon (looks like a chart), find the wifi connected and see its properties. Find some tab that have a checkbox saying something similar to show password. That's all I remember (I'm using a desktop)
Yea I`m using a desktop to but I after more researching I found this
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-gb/support/networking-and-connectivity/how-to-find-your-wireless-network-password
And it worked on my dads laptop

Thank you
I am assuming the Wifi is the "big brother's"? If it is I would suggest to your "cousin" to respect his wishes and buy his own wifi ;p.

Otherwise if your "cousin" already has the password saved his computer he can do this.

Right click on the wireless icon in your taskbar by the clock and go to Open Network and Sharing Center and then click on Manage Wireless Networks on the left. Here you will see all of the networks that you have connected too. Right click on any connection and go properties. You will have a security tab that shows the security details of the network including the password. Click the box to show characters and there you go.
Last edited on
Thank you CodeGazer, it isnt his brothers wifi, its his families and he (cousin) has exams coming so he isnt allowed to have the pass, and it is entered in his and his brothers laptop. Its just stupid as I said. thank u
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.