• Forum
  • Lounge
  • SFML just doesn't work with my computer.

SFML just doesn't work with my computer...

So, I landed at VS Express 2013 for my IDE, and now I get the error code: 0xc000007b and it can't open the program. I have posted several threads on different forums and they were all useless. Here is what the debugger says:

'SFML Pro.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Sal\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SFML Pro\Debug\SFML Pro.exe'. Symbols loaded.
'SFML Pro.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'SFML Pro.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'SFML Pro.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'SFML Pro.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Sal\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SFML Pro\Debug\sfml-graphics-d-2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'SFML Pro.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Sal\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SFML Pro\Debug\sfml-window-d-2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'SFML Pro.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\Sal\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SFML Pro\Debug\sfml-system-d-2.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The program '[6780] SFML Pro.exe' has exited with code -1073741701 (0xc000007b).

The thing is... I have all of the files it says in the Debug directory. I am just about to give this up... It is getting very frustrating.

EDIT: I didn't try hard to write this post, but if I am unclear, you can just tell me. Sorry in advance
Last edited on
Make sure you're using the 32-bit binaries.
32 bit binaries... meaning... The DLLs that are mentioned in the debugger? How can I tell which is which?
I mean the SFML libraries you're linking to.
My advice:

1) Build SFML yourself. The premade libs/dlls were built with one version of one compiler and may not work on another version.

2) Build SFML to be a static lib, rather than dynamic. That way you don't need dll files at all (it will get built right into your program). This will spare you from having to distribute all the dll files with your program. And will spare the user of having a dozen copies of sfml dlls on their machine (which may or may not be compatible with each other).
AAGGHHH! Fourth time writing this (lol) because the page times out. I tried to do the SECOND thing Disch said, and I put SFML_STATIC in preprocessor defs, changed linker files to sfml-xxx-s-d.lib (sfml-xxx-s.lib for release). If I can't figure this out, I have a VS version of SDL on my desktop, and if anybody knows some alternatives, please bring them up.
Last edited on
Did you try the first thing Disch said?
Just using the static libs won't work. You're using libs which are incompatible with your compiler. You need to build the libs yourself.

It's not hard. Just download the source and follow the instructions.
Source... Sorry, probably really dumb question.

I tried to compile it with CMake a while ago, except the CMakelists.txt was missing or something. Can you guys kinda walk me through it.
Step-by-step tutorials already exist (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcPRJE6Rt0o)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.