Typing Issues?

Pages: 12
myesolar wrote:
What's dropping 10k on a desktop you'll never ever have to replace, right?

10k...never have to replace? Any computer you buy now will be considered outdated in a couple of years.
closed account (10X9216C)
And queue the blind man. ehm i mean, yes thank you for your input BHX it was very very very helpful indubitably. :)
Last edited on
WTF?! Why were you reported? *shrugs* Starting to think some users are just trigger happy with the report button.

LB wrote:
BHX couldn't process the sarcasm packets because they were corrupt, but you didn't resend them so he never could get them.

I've pointed out this issue a thousand times on other sites, but always just assumed programmers were smarter than the other rabble I deal with on lesser sites (social forums). Sarcasm does not work in text without acknowledging it is sarcasm (ever notice novels and poems always make note of sarcasm or use special punctuation for sarcasm) because there is no verbal tone that people naturally use to signal it is sarcasm. Without signifying sarcasm in your text it just makes you look like you are being serious which can make you come across as seeming unknowingly wrong, intentionally wrong (trolling), a smartass, or just mean.
Last edited on
closed account (10X9216C)
no verbal tone that people naturally use to signal it is sarcasm.

I don't normally use verbal tone to signify sarcasm to begin with, if you even bothered to read my posts you could put one and two together rather than looking for something you can point out as wrong and shower yourself in glorification from the heavens.
myesolar wrote:
rather than looking for something you can point out as wrong and shower yourself in glorification from the heavens

If that is all I cared about, then I could go all day just from your grammar and spelling.
thanks for your help guys i've finally found a nice keyboard to use. nothing to do now but work on finding a decent mouse.

i have another question: does anyone think it takes away from the learning experience if you're reading programming books and not practicing it also? i'm usually put in to that situation every time and it makes me feel bad that i'm unable to type for decent periods of time and it ruins everything lol
ranfan wrote:
does anyone think it takes away from the learning experience if you're reading programming books and not practicing it also?

Yes it takes away. Bjarne even says in one of his books that if you aren't going to practice what you read and get an understanding for it, then there is no need to waste your time reading it. You have to program and use what you learn in order for it to stick with you.
yeah i feel the same way. i guess i have something to look forward to again when i heal at least. thanks
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12