• Forum
  • Lounge
  • What has been your most enjoyable Develo

What has been your most enjoyable Development Job?

Hello,

I'm still a student, at the moment, and am looking for jobs/internships all the time, so I probably can't contribute to this topic, but I'm interested in what jobs have been the most satisfying/rewarding to you. Even though everyone is different in what would be an enjoyable job for them, perhaps it can shed some insight for some people.

Thanks.
I've not yet had a job, but these are job interviews that went wrong:
http://thedailywtf.com/Series/Tales_from_the_Interview.aspx
It's good to be aware of what bad signs are in interviews/jobs.
Last edited on
The very best jobs I've had have involved really challenging problems - the sort where you aren't sure if it can be done when you start.

It's also important to get to know the workplace culture where you'll be working. Having really talented people is a joy. It's also very helpful when the culture is on fixing problems, not assigning blame. My current company does this very well: we all recognize that everyone is human and makes mistakes. When something goes wrong the emphasis is on finding the problem and fixing it. Nobody is worried about CYA.

Hope this helps,
Dave
Ooh another TDWTF reader :O I go there everyday. Great site.

I've had one development job (internship). It was a Java web development position, and it was incredibly boring. I hate web development.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.