Undecided Between mayors EE or CE

Hello everyone,

I am currently studying on the mayor of electrical engineering and i am taking a c++ course, the first one. I am really liking the programming. I actually work on automation, which i program but in ladder logic which is different.
I was thinking to changing into computer engineering but i don't know.
I already have experience in some parts of electrical engineering and i don't know if it is wise to change to another mayor.

If you guys could help me on what would be the benefits and if computer engineering is a good mayor that offers a variety of jobs. Although i am in it for what i like doing not for the job, but in some part we all go to think of it.

sorry for my English.
Do you realize that you're asking a forum of total strangers to help you make a major life decision without so much as outlining what your current 5 or 10 year plan is?

Also, job opportunities are entirely dependent on the region you live in. And job market trends depend on so many factors that schools in the US actually dedicate entire departments to analyzing them.

Sorry OP, there are a lot of smart people here. But none of us can say definitively what the correct choice is on this one.
Last edited on
Just pointing out that computer engineering is different from software engineering. Computer engineering is design of computers or computer parts at the electronic component level. I don't imagine a lot more programming than you're currently getting will be involved.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.