Your first coding contest/tournament

I feel mindfked even though my group finished 3rd/10th the question itself was basic now that i think about it but at that point in time i was brainfarting. took a while to complete like 30 mins i posted the link if you wanted to glance at that, but my question is how did your first go? i feel motivated to get better

https://icpcarchive.ecs.baylor.edu/external/61/6192.pdf
It seems very straightforward. The only trick is the doors: an interior door would subtract twice from the total area while an exterior door would subtract once. They don't specify how to tell that, or maybe the input counts interior doors twice. In either case, hopefully you can figure it out from the sample output. I assume all windows are exterior.

It looks like you can use integer math to compute the total area of any job. So all the arithmetic can be done with integers. You just have to be careful about about computing the number of cans since fractional cans round up.

How did you divide up the work? That strikes me as the hardest part to this problem. Off hand, I'd think maybe one person would get started right away parsing the input file while another worked out the math.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.