• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Deleting/modifying old thread that is no

Deleting/modifying old thread that is now archived?

I want to delete/modify an old thread that is now archived. It has a link to my personal website that I wish to remove. Is this possible? Thanks
You may want to contact an administrator about this. Not 100% sure, but I think the person you would want to talk to would be twicker: http://www.cplusplus.com/user/twicker/

HTH
Yup, twicker is the guy you want. He's quite on the forums here but he's an active admin and doesn't ignore reasonable requests. Instead of PM'ing him directly you may want to use the 'Contact us' forum at the bottom of the page.

Why would you want this removed? If you don't mind me asking.
It's not just this site. There are a lot of mirrors that have it archived as well.

I'm not trying to be mean, but frankly -- if you don't want it seen on the internet, don't put it there.

It may be too late to remove everything referencing you unless you are willing to hunt down and bug (politely) everyone linking to your site to remove it.

Remember, if it's yours, and you put it on the net, even with aliases, you can assume that everyone everywhere will eventually see it. (Including your kids and your boss.)

Depending on what you are really trying to do it isn't impossible, but again, it may take a lot of work.

(If it's just that old card game you made, I wouldn't really worry about it. You can make it disappear from the source, if you want.)

Hope this helps.
If it's just that old card game you made,

Whew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who looked.
I remember when he posted it.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Duoas wrote:
Remember, if it's yours, and you put it on the net, even with aliases, you can assume that everyone everywhere will eventually see it. (Including your kids and your boss.)
Damn, I guess I'm SOL, lol.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.