First person

Has the first person perspective been used in non-interactive media other than films? I feel that it would be impactful to use for e.g. short animations and/or music videos - for example, you set up an interactive set that you record yourself walking through, and then just upload it to YouTube as the finished product, the point being that the movement and such was done by hand and not smooth or cinematic.
It's certainly an interesting idea.
With your context I assume you're referring to only visual representation of first person, i.e. not like the first person perspective of a book (although not many seem to know what they are =P ).
Their is one TV that I know of but don't know its name, where it's shot from the two main characters point of view and you here what they're thinking. It's actually quite good but the series itself is rather funny anyway.

I can't think of anything else currently off the top of my head.
Oh hey, L B has 30 posts.
Oh hey, Cheraphy has 101581 posts.
I don't know if it's still running but there was a ride called James Bond: License to Thrill that did an awesome job with this.
I guess I forgot to specify, I meant visual media - obviously there is first person narratives.

As for why I exclude movies, I don't really count things like found footage films like the various horror films that use consumer cameras to tell their story.

When you watch someone play a video game, or when you play it yourself, think about how you move the camera in first person - it's not smooth, it's sudden and with intent, just like how we move our own eyeballs.
The Doom movie had a first person scene.
you set up an interactive set that you record yourself walking through
Machinima? There is a bunch of first person machinima. Usually intermixed with non first person (usually in intro/epilogue).
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
@Resident

That sequence was the best part of the movie.
@SatsumaBenji,

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think your referring to Peep Show (TV Show)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387764/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Don't need the link, just the name... that's the one! XD
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.