Supporting an IT student

I wasn't sure if something like this was appropriate for this forum, so I'll ask. A friend of mine and fellow classmate has been financially struggling lately due to some events that have occurred. Now he's faced with potentially missing an entire semester due to the situation. I'm wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to support this by either making a donation or just sharing with someone who might help (social networks, etc..)anything would help. But before I posted the link to the fundraiser campaign containing all the details (his story) here, I wanted to know if this was something that I would be allowed to do here in this forum, or is it against the rules?
Last edited on
As far as I know you are free to link to fundraising projects (Many people link to kickstarter campaigns here) as long as you are not spamming the links. If it is just a single thread and you are just trying to help your friends campaign get some funding I see nothing wrong with it. Though I am not sure if anyone will donate but is worth a shot.
Thanks for the info Zereo. Also, if people don't donate it's totally fine and understandable. I know that everyone works hard for their money, I know because I do too. I'd be happy if people just shared the campaign and spread the word. After all, it's the thought that counts.
Here's the link to the campaign, there you can read the full story and decide if this is something you want to help with.

https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/help-me-stay-in-school--27/x/9487301
These are problems that many people face. Nevertheless, I wish you luck.
I'm aware of that, and thanks.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.