• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Getting Internships/jobs while in Comput

Getting Internships/jobs while in Computer Science Grad Programs?

Hello,

I've been accepted to a few schools, Cal State Los Angeles and Cal State Northridge, for their Masters in CS programs (maybe not a huge accomplishment, but for me, it is, considering where I came from, i.e. no math/programming experience/classes), as well as applied to a few more, which I am waiting on. Just to give some quick background, I got my BA in Psychology about 6-7 years ago, and have been working on my pre-requisites/associates in Comp. Science for two years, after this semester, when I will be done.

My question is specifically with internships/jobs. Obviously, I'd like to have a job other than flipping burgers or folding shirts (not saying there's anything wrong with them, as I've done them before) while in grad school. Is it difficult to secure internships/jobs in this situation? Also, will there be enough time to do well both in school, and at work/internship? I have certainly been to college, and have worked while taking classes, but I'm not as sure as to how the graduate level classes compare to undergrad, in terms of difficulty and workload/time.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited on
closed account (13bSLyTq)
This is something I had wondered for a quite a while - thanks for bringing this back to mind...

I too want to know about this!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.