Entry level jobs?

How does one find an entry level job in computer science?

I certainly do not have 3-5 years of experience which I commonly see. I don't even have 1 year. How do I find those jobs that don't require so much out of me because I lack the work experience?

Thanks
the internet
Obviously the internet works.

But I don't know how to search through indeed, dice, or monster.com to find something for someone who's just starting out.
Internships through college. Build up your resume with projects that you completed. You should still apply even if you aren't what they think they're looking for. If they like what you see on your resume they might give you a shot. What jobs are you searching for? C++,C#,Java,iOS,Android? I can tell you right now C++ has the fewest job openings for entry level jobs.
Thanks cody. What language would you say is the best to be able to get your foot in the door?
You're going to have to look at your area. One thing for sure is that you should have some projects to present. Android and iOS apps are a great way to show what you're capable of. To be honest you need to know multiple languages to increase your chance of employment.

And to repeat what TarikNeaj said, use the internet to do research. Not about job openings,but what employers want in an employee,must know languages,job fairs etc.

Thanks for the replys, even Tarik for setting the basis for discussion.

I guess I'm goijg im going to work on my portfolio while gaining knowledge in some of those areas employers are requesting.

One way to build up experience is through doing work for hire - post in the jobs forum here and other programming/software development forums and eventually someone will contact you with an offer. You will definitely be taken aback for the first time (and gain some good exposure) on some of the projects people want you to contribute to, as it is likely you will be required to work on a totally different area than what you are most comfortable programming in.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.