Did I remove Ubuntu correctly?

I downloaded ubuntu few hours ago but I didn't like it. So I decided to remove ubuntu from my computer. By the way, i'm using Windows 8 and it's installed, not cd.

So I opened up disk manager and deleted all the ubuntu stuffs. The tutorial said that at this point, ubuntu is deleted but its boot loader still exists.

Tutorial: http://www.howtogeek.com/141818/how-to-uninstall-a-linux-dual-boot-system-from-your-computer/

So I rebooted my computer but it started grub resque? I don't know what that is but it didn't look good so I force turned off and entered BIOS mode. I changed boot list option to UEFI instead of Legacy. Then my computer went normal...

I don't feel clear about this...did I remove Ubuntu correctly?
A hint for next time. After installing Ubuntu, install gnome desktop. From command line,

sudo apt-get install gnome-desktop

Now when you are at the login screen, you will have 3 or 4 destktop options. Gnome classic is more traditional with something like a start memu. gnome3 is what I use, but it requires getting used to using the windows key.

Alternatively, you could try one of the other desktop managers out there, like KDE.

Unity, which is what comes with Ubuntu, is horrible!
Last edited on
So does that means I did remove Ubuntu? But I only deleted partitions and I heard that there are some more stuffs to delete after deleting the partitions...

I deleted partitions in Windows 8 so I can't access to Ubuntu now. But I feel not clean enough. Will reinstalling Windows 8 from troubleshooter clean everything?
It wont make it anymore clean. The only thing left is to get the boot manager straight... If its EFI grub, simply delete grub from the efi partition and remove the efi entry.

If its BIOS grub, youll have to get windows to reinstall its bootloader... And this is dangerous since a botched install would mean the only way back in is through a rescue medium.

Edit: If its Efi, make sure Ubuntu didnt destroy the Efi entries for everything else. A ridiculous bug which ruined my setup in the past.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.