Need Ideas

So, I am trying to graduate in December but I am 3 credits short. The java class I was hoping to take filled up, and so did the iOS class that was my backup.

So I am left with either taking something outside of the department, which I am trying to avoid, or two CS options. The CS options are a special topics course that may not even be given (and the topic has yet to be decided)or an independent study.

For the independent study I need to come up with a project idea and find a professor to support the independent study. Unfortunately, I am not much of an idea man so I am coming here for any suggestions for projects.

The project should be just difficult enough to require nearly the entire semester to complete, but not so difficult that it will take up all of my time. Any and all suggestions will be considered.

Thank you.
How about a cross-platform GUI frontend for LLDB? GDB and LLDB have wildly different syntaxes, and having a good cross-platform GUI tool for those who choose to use the latter would be appreciated, especially if it was designed for ease of use by fairly novice programmers (EDIT: which requires you to understand what various operations do and how they do them, hence the study, perhaps?).

-Albatross
Last edited on
That is a very interesting suggestion, I'm going to start researching LLDB ASAP. Thank you.

I'm still open to other suggestions as well. optimally, I'd like to have a few ideas to bring to the professors so he/she can help me decide which is most appropriate.
So I am left with either taking something outside of the department, which I am trying to avoid

Why avoid it? Find an introductory class in some field that sounds fun and take it. You'll learn something interesting.
Why avoid it?

I'm not particularly interested in other subjects. If my course load was lighter I would consider physics, but I won't risk lowering my GPA for it. I did consider a drawing class but it is only open to art majors/minors.
Technical writing is a surprisingly useful course for computer science students, and not too difficult either. A communications course might also be worthwhile.

Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.