Lifting makes you smarter?

closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
What's up everyone! I was reading in a article that lifting weights actually makes you smarter, and it decreases stress. goes more in depth than what it does to your brain. I think I want to start but not sure if I have the time because I'm trying to become a programmer.
Do you guys lift just out of curiosity? :)

Here's think link to the article I was reading incase you guys may be interested.

http://lifestyleandstrength.com/weight-lifting-can-make-you-smarter/
Last edited on
Very interesting. But i don't think they mean that lifting weights itself can improve your intellect, i think they mean that any intensive workout can increase your thought process (running, cardio, etc) as well as you conflict resolution.

I lift weights and i'd like to think that it does help to relieve some stress and help me think clearly when i code
Yeah, you're right I just re-read the article and I agree with your answer. Also do you know any tips that would help a beginner on lifting? I thought I'll give it a try, something new.
If you have the money to spare, i suggest you try out the p90x workout dvd's. The workouts are usually about 30 minutes to 1 hour long.
thanks i will try that
In reality jogging and running is actually a little detrimental to your knee joints. The best exercise is swimming, I personally quite like cycling.
But whatever you do, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "healthy body, healthy mind?"
Yes, I'm of aware of that phrase :) also my neighborhood swimming pool just open up again since it's summer so I guess I'll start swimming.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.