Most inspiring quotes that drive you.

I'll start of with a few...
You can die for your country, I'm gonna live for mine.
Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
There ain't nothing I can't do. No sky too high, no sea too rough, no muff too tough.
Pushing ourselves into those dark cold corners where the bad things live. Where the bad things fight.
Whatever it takes...Find an excuse to win.

Just a few I use when I finding it tough on Ten tors etc physically demanding and mentally due to pain.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." -- Terry Pratchett

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Remember, regardless of the overwhelming opposition or adversity in your path, you always have the opportunity to overcome. It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
"Life is both too short and too long to worry about the stupid shit."
"There's a reason that cars have a large windshield and a small rearview mirror" -- Dave Cook
"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?" - anonymous
Last edited on
"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage

I'm not sure if "inspiring" is the right term for why I like this quote, as with everything else in my life I'm sure that it has more to do with my ego than I care to acknowledge. The fact that people like this exist and have always existed, and that they look at me for answers to questions like this all the time does help me when I get to the point where I'm asking why I bother.
@Cheraphy, I was trying to decipher what the heck you meant lol, then I googled it and realized it was some reddit 4chant post.

My memorable quote would probably be:

"I don't want to hear excuses, I want to hear solutions." - old boss
Last edited on
Actually, was originally a post on 4chan.
This one really should be popular here:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

~Maimonides
Not really ones that inspire me, but some favorite quotes:

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot

"He who fights with demons should see to it that he does not become one. When one gazes into the abyss, the abyss in turn gazes back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Nothing is impossible unless proven to be" - cleverbot

transcript -
cleverbot - I think you are confused about who you are.
me - That sounds philosophical.
cleverbot - Are you sure?
me - Yes. I am. Do you have any other philosophical ideas?
cleverbot - Nothing is impossible unless proven to be.
me - That is a very inspiring quote.
cleverbot - I know, you can use it if you want.
Last edited on
"Nothing is impossible unless proven to be"

Actually, burden of proof is on the one making the claim. So, in reality, everything is impossible unless proven not to be. :P
It's a motivational quotation from cleverbot, not science. Although, surely by that logic a simple rewording of the original quotation would reverse your statement and everything would be possible until proven not to be.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.