Have Tips?

Can I have some tips to be a good c++ programmer?

Thanks,
Firecoder!
closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
Practice is key to getting better, also instead of writing to code right away while trying to figure out a solution for an algorithm, write it out on paper first. It saves so much time when writing code, and it also avoids spaghetti code. Use the tutorial section on here as a reference when you are stuck. If you do get stuck figure out what you did wrong on your own and see if you can pick it up from there. Try to avoid asking questions on here as much as possible. Only ask when you seem you cannot find the answer to the solution. Try debugging it helps to see where you went wrong in your code. Overall just practice really, I would actually recommend buying this book called "Think Like A Programmer", it will teach you how to logically think and it helps you come up with different solutions to an algorithm. It's okay if you do not understand it at first, not everyone is a super genius. You don't need to be a genius to program, the key to being a programmer is having patients, it takes times and dedication to become a good programmer. You do not have to dedicate a billion hours a day, instead 45minutes to an hour can do the trick. Also take the weekends off from learning to code. Or whatever two days you prefer to take off. Breaks are very important because it's clears the mind.

EDIT: Almost forgot a big key factor to making sure you understand your code, is COMMENTING, this is very important because when you're stuck you can go back and revise your code to see what you were thinking that exact moment. You should always comment any projects you are working or when you're testing out something or any programs you're writing. This will help you in the long run, trust me. Also visit Udemy.com, it's a site that offers video lectures of programming language you want to learn. They have free lecture courses, and this could help. Just throwing that out there.
Last edited on
Understand the computer. Then you will a proficient programmer in any language.

It's all good writing code, but I assure you someone who understand how a computer operates will write cleaner code much faster than you ever will.

Maybe this isn't such a big deal now, since programming has become so abstracted and diluted that a monkey could code. But I believe IMHO it will help you out a great deal in your programming.

Good luck.

I understand my opinion is debatable, but that's all it is, my opinion.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.