Has this happen to you?

closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
So I completely forgot how to program. I've been really busy with summer school and work that I didn't have time to program. Now that COSC 1320 is right around the corner, I'm completely screwed. How should I go about this? Should I be relieved that I forgot and it's completely normal or should I be absolutely pissed off because I put so much effort in learning how to program. I even re taught myself everything that I learned from last semester in May. I dedicated so much hours learning each day, that I completely forgot because it's been 2 months and I haven't been programming. What would you do if you were in my situation. Obviously I know the answer, review everything and make sure you completely understand it before moving on. So why bother asking here? I guess I feel a lot better when knowing this happen to a lot of people that haven't program in a while. I guess what am I waiting for I only have two weeks to re learn everything I have learn so far. Well only 11 days because I'm going to a trip with a group of friends.
I think we all tend to take breaks of different sizes, my longest was I believe around 3 months. I did not continue moving forward of course. I went back and revised everything. It made stuff more clear and I went flying through it. Second time is always easier. I still remember something really stupid I started doing, I wrote the for loop like: for (auto i = 0, i != 10, ++i) ;, notice the commas instead of semi-colons.

I don't know how much you know so I don't know if you can do it in 11 days. But honestly you could just go skim over what you know and everything will slowly pop back.

So my advice, do it as much as you can. Even if it's just 10 minutes.
Last edited on
closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
Thanks ChajusSaib I needed that :), also I knew the basics syntax, control structures and just functions. Haven't learn classes yet, that's this semester coming up. So, I'm going to get right to it and revised everything that I've learned so far.
I taught myself C++ and did little hobby projects for 3 years... spend a couple months working in VB and I can't C++ anymore :D
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.