• Forum
  • Lounge
  • On the subject of AI replacing programme

On the subject of AI replacing programmers

I always hear that programmers will eventually be out of a job because machines will be writing the code instead. I'm no expert in the field of AI, but wouldn't it make more sense for AI to train a neural network to make decisions than to have AI write code in human-oriented programming languages? Or is this what everyone means and I just assumed people were claiming that AI would be writing code in human-oriented languages?
I would have thought that it would be easier to make AI that writes human readable code, as humans have to teach it to write that code and teaching how to write code that you understand it easier than teaching it to write code that you don't. Also, who are these people who have been saying this because they clearly need to watch more sci fi movies and realise that having machines writing programs (i.e. programs creating other programs) is a very bad idea.
Hmm I don't think we have anything to fear as far as being out of jobs as programmers- at least not as far as making a living that way. If we get to the point that AI has taken over the world's programming, the world will be very different, an entirely separate lifestyle for all of us, one that hopefully cultivates some magnificent technological momentum.

The only thing to fear is man's immutable ability to be inhuman, a microchips ability to positively surpass us is limited by the humanity of those of us who create it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.