Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Programmed to Kill

Pages: 12
I've had that vision too. It's glorious. You'll never be stranded. When you're ready to go home, it'll just drive up to the curb and collect you. Etc.

@tition
I used to ride a motorcycle. I've had people look directly at me, in the eyes, and then, without any malice (or brainpower whatsoever), all but run me over.

Heck, I've had the same experience in a car. I remember walking out and getting into my big blue Camaro, right next to a man who had walked out with me (not intentinally) and got into his car, parked next to mine, start it up when I started mine, etc.

He started dinking with something, so I backed out, and began to get ready to pull away, when his backup lights lit up and he began backing into me. When I honked to prevent him from driving into my car, he was angry! He pulled back forward into his parking spot quick and hard.

I left to get as quickly as safe to do to put myself as far from him as possible.

Loser.
htirwin wrote:
I just had a vision where your car not only drives itself, it stops and refuels itself, and it also knows when it needs maintenance and drives itself into an autonomous-auto repair shop. It also washes and vacuums itself when it gets too dirty and has itself touched up when someone scratches it's paint. The future is going to be awesome.
Why do you use this word "your"? In my vision, most people don't actually own cars - instead there are just self-driving cars driving around, picking up and dropping off people.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12