Hi (Reposted, see note)

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself, I'm Matt.

I almost never participate in forums directly, I just search for my answers and boogie - but the community here is knowledgeable, and polite. So I figured I'd settle down.

I'm a hobbyist, I can patch together some crazy stuff with Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition (The free one) and the DarkGDK available from MSDN - but that's a lot different then understanding the solid mechanics and basics of C++ programming, so while I can paste together a 3-D FPS and fudge with the different elements of the game, I still lack the deeper intuitive understanding of a C++ guru!

Additionally, I really had to drop a big "NICE JOB!" on the tutorial in the documentation section, it's very easy to follow, and very elegant. Going through it now.

My programming skill basically leaves me struggling a bit when we get into pointers and objects but I'm learning.

- Matt

Note: I originally posted this in the beginners forum, but 'Lounge' seemed more appropriate for an intro. :)
Quick question, since this is the Lounge - is it okay to just be at ease and post stuff of a social nature?
-Matt
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Hi Matt,

Lounge
Discussions about this website, or other topics not related to programming

I would probably say it's okay to be sociable in the Lounge.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.