How to identify cheap canned meat

Lately I've seen several people buying these cheap products, mistaking them for prime cuts of beef, so I feel compelled to write this guide for the uninitiated in meat selection.

Level 1: Walls of links or random string of nonsense followed by a link. Obviously inappropriate titles in the price tag. If any meat on the counter invites you to stream a TV show or to buy some cream or dietary supplement, do not buy it. Report it with "the word" and it will be promptly removed from display.

Level 2: "The Google Test". Grab a short phrase (7 or so words) and put it into Google. Often, seemingly legitimate questions have been copied verbatim from other sites, or stitched together from multiple sources. Sometimes the cheap canned meat seller (CCMS) will write out an original message and post it on multiple sites almost simultaneously. If no link is provided, it's likely that they're trying to inflate their post count so they can't be autobanned later.

Remember that your typical CCMS is trying to maximize their profit through the minimal amount of effort, so they're unlikely to write original messages for a single posting, as they can only sell their services to their real clients for cents, at most. If you have any misgivings about a piece of meat on display, don't buy it but give it the benefit of the doubt and don't report it. Someone more experienced will eventually get to it.

(Wink-wink, nudge-nudge.)
Cheap? Cheap?

I do object to this defamation of Hormel Foods! Canned meat is a fundamental part of the local culture, and spreading propaganda that it is "cheap" or messages inciting vigilantism or "reporting" are simply underhanded! Granted, canned meat may not have native origins, but if these products were a problem, then surely the government would have enacted policies to restrict its distribution!

*cough*twickerplease*cough*

-Albatross
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Are we sure this "stuff" could even be classified as meat?

More like "meat by-products."
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.