It's great to be back.

closed account (3pj6b7Xj)
A few years ago I really got into C++ windows programming but you know, I got a girlfriend, life changed and I moved on to new things. A few weeks ago I needed to write an application just for fun and realized just how rusty I've become. I've completely forgotten everything I learned. One individual on here freddie1, helped me out a lot, I learned a lot from that dude.

Anyhow, I'm back on it again, so perhaps I'll stick around this time. I'm still programming using the classic win32/api but have been considering learning C#

This all started in a skype call when I was speaking with another person who was fluent in C++ and windows programming and we both worked together and made a little chat client, my first one ever, it really got my engine going! We then started talking about how bad the new skype was and how someone should just make a new open source video chat client and a bulb went off in my head.

I know that I don't have the skills to design such an application YET but I want to start experimenting with P2P video chat clients with the purpose of designing a skype alternative and who knows, it might just be the next big thing, so on wards with this ambitious journey.

Glad to be back here with all you guys, I learned so much from you all, I did amazing things in the past but unfortunately, I've descend back down to novice level. I still have all my C++ books, so I'll have to re-read and get re-acquainted!
Heh, welcome back.

...to our cold, unsmiling, online world. ;o)
closed account (z05DSL3A)
Ay-up chuck!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.