Opinion on this claim

Pages: 1234
closed account (367kGNh0)
sustantivo: (mitología romana) antiguo dios romano; personificación del sol; contrapartida de helios griegos

noun: (Roman mythology) ancient Roman god; personification of sun; counterpart of Greek Helios
What a shitty dictionary! Throw that in the garbage can.
No matter the content, nostalgia is too hard to dispose of, the other day I threw away an big item down a rubbish chute, regretfully discovered later is was almost two decades old! It's loud smash (it was made of glass) still haunts me...
A 20-year-old glassware is really nothing special. The keyboard I'm typing this on is 19, actually. The only good part of a Compaq we bought in 2000, which I threw in a dumpster 10 or so years ago.
When it eventually breaks, you can bet I'll throw it away without a second thought. I think clinging on to useless garbage is unhealthy. Some people will find this offensive, but I include human and animal remains in that category.
I don't know, i don't like the idea of eventually living in a home with ONLY 2014+ items.
It doesn't mean that necessarily, just means that if it's worthless, not an important keepsake (like important photos - which I personally don't like to keep anyway), and you can't use it for anything, there's no point in keeping it.
But most homes are decorated with new futile ornaments like a vase, are they all queer?
It serves a purpose, as decoration. It may also one day hold flowers. If it's so old and worn down that it starts making the place look bad, then it's no longer serving a good purpose as decoration and should be replaced.
I think with care i shouldn't have that problem with me nostalgic assets. Otherwise, what is it about old photos you don't like?
Not that I don't like them, its just that I never really go back to look at them. My life isn't so dull that I continuously look back at things I've already done. The most important moments of my life I commit to memory, I'm not the type of person to pull out a camera and capture the moment.
So, you live in the present? I respect your preference, but personally I like the glancing at an old item and having a sort of flashback like this: http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=9npJGWejpP0&p=n#/322;328

*Looks at a toy car*
Flash to slipping on it
flash to playing with it (in low fps rather than footage)
flash to it exploding
flash back to the present and you're looking at the car quietly
Last edited on
Sometimes I live in the future.
I see, what's it like? (how do you reply so immediately? If by email looks like a waste of inbox space to me)
Last edited on
I have a tab open with my topics. I check them every now and then. I'm on summer break so I've got a lot of free time.

Being in the future isn't special, feels like the present.
The keyboard I'm typing this on is 19, actually.
That keyboards gone through a lot. What a heartwarming post. Suddenly realising you're (probably) that same "helios" brings in something for you between respect and appreciation. Or both. That was a time this forum was not too far of it's state today. Fairly peaceful.
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/6386/
Last edited on
It's not heartwarming. The reason I'm still using it is not because I'm attached to it or anything ridiculous like that. I'm using it because nobody makes quality, white, rubber dome keyboards like it anymore. Honestly, the keyboard itself wasn't top-notch even when it was new, it just isn't a mushy turd like what gets produced nowadays.
I don't know what I'll do when it breaks. I've been trying to find a solution for years.
What kinds of keyboards did you try out? I'm sure there's some type of switch that you'd enjoy using on a mechanical keyboard.

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/en/keyboards/alloy-fps-mechanical-gaming-keyboard
I think he means the post he linked at the end is heartwarming, which I would not agree to. It is good for him, i'd say.
zapshe: That's actually the keyboard I'm using now. I bought to try out as a possible replacement. It's good for typing, but it's absolutely awful for gaming. Using it I found out I often let the key hover below its default position but above its actuation depth. On a membrane keyboard this is not a problem, and leads to faster reaction, but on a mechanical keyboard I end up moving accidentally because the actuation depth is much shallower.
So now I use it at the office and it works beautifully.
I see. I haven't bought an external keyboard to use since that would be an extra wire in my setup. It's a laptop, so I just hid the laptop screen behind my gaming monitor and use the laptop's keyboard. It's pretty good for gaming, but typing is definitely better on a mechanical keyboard.

May God look after your keyboard.

Amen.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1234