The Enlarging Square.

Pages: 12
Rascake's existence has convinced me that there is a God and that he hired unpaid interns using JavaScript to program the general public.
I think judging the whole by sampling a particularly dim subset of it is unfair.
I think judging the whole by sampling a particularly dim subset of it is unfair.

I suppose I've just been dealing with a bunch of them for too long. Here in the U.S., it's not too surprising to find people standing up for illogical views that are never challenged.

Bias website:

salon.com/2014/12/20/7_things_americans_think_are_more_plausible_than_global_warming_partner/

To derail further, this reminds of a debate we had in my Political Science class there. We debated shortly about pro-life/choice. I was on the side of pro-choice and made an analogy comparing a baby with a car (I don't remember what it was but it made perfect sense). Some guy on the other side says, "Did you just compare a baby to a car?" Obviously, this is a technique to make someone look bad in front of some generalized audience, particularly when it's political. I looked at him and said, "Yes I did and I'll do it again. I'm trying to win a debate not an election."
But now I see perhaps one or two conclusions can be made on the two of you. Helios isn't reluctant to swear, while zapshe has never(if you would swear anytime on this forum, it probably would have been to rascake yet he hasn't pushed you that far). I won't share my opinion on this, but, what is the case:

Zapshe strictly does not use profanity

Helios gets pushed to the edge more easily than zapshe?

To derail further

My sons' secondary school does VB.net for GCSE's (In US, secondary == high school, GCSE's == SATs (I think)) Is this not a poor choice? for VB.NET is

[]not cross platform

[]not among the grossing

[]lacks NUMEROUS features c++ has. You can't even multi-line comment!
Last edited on
"Yes, Steve, I'm comparing a baby to a car. I assume you object to that comparison, so could you elaborate on why you think the comparison is invalid in the reasoning I just used, or are you just trying to use an appeal to emotion?"

God, appeals to emotion piss me off. It's always a sure sign that you're dealing either with a very disingenuous person who's trying to manipulate the listener(s), or with someone incapable of reasoning with a cool head.
Steve? Goodness, ah abuisinesse-mailafterafictioncharacter...certainly adult behaviour.
Edit: did a little more snooping around. Do one's subscribers reflect a true person?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQNOsHagl81hNU-z0kqghPA/channels
PS I updated the post above considering you too are experienced in VB.NET, maybe you have an opinion?
Last edited on

Very not true, but I guess I don't use it as often on here. I'm on Lenovo forums as an affiliate so I can't really curse at people and I guess the habit carries over a bit.

God, appeals to emotion piss me off.

Yess! It always makes logic take a backseat and I have reel it back in to show them their emotions mean nothing in the debate.

Edit: did a little more snooping around. Do one's subscribers reflect a true person?

subscriptions* you mean. You can subscribe to me now since you looked for it. My subscriptions are pretty self-explanatory. Tech, gaming, bodybuilding, singing/voiceover, and two for entertainment. That's not my main channel where I post videos. I was using it on my website but I've started using it for something else. I should remember to take it off.

Also, what you're doing here Vilch isn't very psychologically profound.
I won't share my opinion on this, but, what is the case:

Helios gets pushed to the edge more easily than zapshe?
I can't speak of zapshe, but I can say that the fact I'm currently using profanity doesn't necessarily tell you all that much about my state of mind.

My sons' secondary school does VB.net for GCSE's (In US, secondary == high school, GCSE's == SATs (I think)) Is this not a poor choice?
If someone asked me to recommend a .NET language to learn, I'd tell them to learn C#. VB.NET is rather a second-class citizen.

[]not cross platform
.NET languages are cross-platform, same as JVM languages.

[]not among the grossing
Are you referring to how much you can get payed for working in VB.NET? One shouldn't put all their eggs in a single basket anyway.

[]lacks NUMEROUS features c++ has. You can't even multi-line comment!
Hardly relevant.
Last edited on
It's almost like making them learn visual basic.net is delaying there exploration with more mainstream languages
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12