• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Do you have knowledge on the following s

Do you have knowledge on the following suggestion?

closed account (E8A4Nwbp)
It was put forward that it is possible to apprehend a set such as

{[Event/Idea/Object],[Event/Idea/Object]}

while a set such as the following is not apprehensible

{{}}

It seems there is an illogical flaw in the suggestion. May I ask if you are aware of this theory's name? I would like to see if the flaw has been acknowledged
Last edited on
That's complete nonsense. There's no way to tell if there's a fallacy because the statement is incomprehensible.

What does "apprehend" mean?
What's a "set"? A mathematical set?
What does this mean? "{[Event/Idea/Object],[Event/Idea/Object]}" What are you trying to represent?
What does this mean? "{{}}"
I have made an illustration for you, @helios

https://pasteboard.co/J5krlxT.png

I hope the image answers your enquiries, perhaps the concept is of familiarity
It says "image not found". That's not terribly helpful.
The following link, perchance?

http://icecream.me/2f6e33aa7c3b8ceb0e043e992838cd53
"A person can think about concrete things, but can't think about thinking nothing"? Is that what you're trying to say?
Yes
Why do you think there's a logical flaw in that sentence?
apologies, the enquiry was if you knew the name of the concept. I would rather not disclose the flaw I believe is there.
Sorry, I don't know the name of anything like that. I'm not entirely sure I understood what you were trying to convey, though.
it is all right. My written definition may be of familiarity to somebody however, as the theory I was shown uses "{{}}" and a set with an apprehensible idea.

I'm loath to create another post for this matter which I have been intending to ask. Do you know any playthings/objects akin to the
gyroscope, pendulum clock, drinking bird or balancing bird
which efficiently harnesses simple physics to achieve astounding actions? I hope to purchase such a plaything/object as a gift.
Last edited on
A Crookes radiometer
Thank you, that is a magnificent suggestion. So as to acquire a greater set of options, I may create a continuation
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.