Visual programming

Hey guys!

I've been at c++ for about 5 months now, and I've gotten a bit of the basics.. So now I want to start learning a visual language.
A few I know of are smfl, openGl, direct X and winapi...

So which one (or any other language) do you recommend, and why?

Cheers!
well first of all those aren't languages they are libraries for various forms of media development. Secondly, No more then 2 of them are related at the same time. WindowsAPI is used for making GUI software. DirectX and openGL are both 3D rendering Libraries. and SFML is a media library that encompasses sound, networking, graphics and a few other things. What exactly is it you want to do with your programming? Do you want to make a game? Do want to make a non console based application?
I want to make non console based applications (so I guess that's GUI software right?)
you got it. I'm pretty sure SFML has ways of doing that but I may be wrong...if it does, it's going to be a hell of a lot easier than WinAPI. It (the winapi) can be daunting at first. but with a bit of study and some practice writing your own code for Graphical User Interfaced software. It wont be so bad. My suggestion? Go with the WinAPI on windows. Using nothing but API calls (EG no layers of libraries like SFML or SDL or QT or GTK) Your code will tend to be faster, it'll be harder and longer to write, but the execution is generally faster.
Ok, thanks!
ooor if you want portability go with a toolkit like QT GTK+ or wxWidgets
Visual programming is when you have a spread sheet that you plonk buttons and pictures on. So they're not actually languages. Unless there's code in the background to allow the user to interact with the inter-face.
Did you really have to revive this thread to just to state that a visual programming language is not a language per-se, which I personally consider to be wrong?

Someone on Wikipedia wrote:
A language is a system of signs (symbols, indices, icons) for encoding and decoding information.

-Albatross
*awkward silence*
Hello kaduuk,

Here is the link to one which core will turn you visual in no time.

http://www.easycode.de/

It homes a superset of all computers tounge.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.