xorebxebx

Pages: 123
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
I wish this forum had an ignore user list.
We all do.. We all do..

Edit:
Disch wrote:
Personally I don't think he's trying to troll (or at least he wasn't at one time, but maybe now he is?)

And Disch, he (perhaps) wasn't trolling at the times of which you speak, but this is a rather obvious one:
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/28529/#msg154007
Last edited on
I wish this forum had an ignore user list.
Actually, I was working on a Greasemonkey script that allowed me to hide posts by any user/s, but it conflicted with the site's JavaScript, so I got stuck.
If anyone would like to try and fix it, here it is:
var posts = document.getElementsByClassName("post");
var count = 0;
var ignore=["xoreaxeax","xorebxebx"];
for (var a=0;a<posts.length;a++){
    var name=posts[a].getElementsByClassName("top")[0].innerHTML.toLowerCase();
	var found=-1;
	for (var b=0;b<ignore.length && found<0;b++)
		found=name.indexOf(ignore[b]);
    if (found>=0){
        var post=posts[a];
        post.parentNode.removeChild(post);
        a--;
        count++;
    }
}
closed account (EzwRko23)

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/28529/#msg154007

And? What is wrong with that post? Did I not post an incorrect C++ code?
Last edited on
It's simple. Your solution was ridiculously overblown. See the post just below your own.

-Albatross
Last edited on
@helios
This seems to work:
if ( found >= 0 ) {
        var post = posts[a];
        post.setAttribute ("style","visibility: collapse");
}
Whatever happened to the age-old philosophy, "forgive and forget"?

How's this - you guys drop your biases against xorebxebx, and he tries harder in the future to not be perceived as an troll.
Last edited on
I personally would only reset my views of him if I had a guarantee that he would make a significant improvement to his perceived behavior. The same goes for anyone else.

-Albatross
closed account (iw0XoG1T)
@Albatross

Don't you ever get tired of beating a dead horse? we get it--you never forgive and you never forget. Personally I prefer xorebxebx to the anti-religion trolls because at least all of his post are programming related. I have been influenced by his post--and I love a smart troll. I suspect your problem with him is he is too smart for you to easily dismiss.
Admittedly, xorebxebx is preferable to someone with considerably fewer brains, although the jury is out as to whether he is a dead horse.

Actually, I think you're right. I am getting tired of him, and I think I'll just ignore him. I'm wasting my time dismissing him.

-Albatross
post.setAttribute ("style","visibility: collapse");
(In extreme relaxation) Ah...
I would take my hat off to you, kind sir, but I'm not wearing one.

I have been influenced by his post--and I love a smart troll. I suspect your problem with him is he is too smart for you to easily dismiss.
If a smart troll is harder to ignore than a stupid one, doesn't that make it even more annoying since, as we all know, not ignoring a troll makes it stronger? Transparent trolls take five seconds to spot and no more than a few lines to respond to.

On a different subject, anyone remembers george-something-or-other? Is he still posting that "all you need is the WinAPI" crap?
I think there might've been someone like that, but I can't match the alias with the posting habits.

-Albatross
You missed the whole point of "forgive and forget." The point is that you first forgive him and show him the respect he deserves as a human being, and seeing your respect, he feels inclined to give back. To be honest, this whole thing looks like a traveling flamewar between you and Xorebxebx, and neither of you are willing to accept the other's differences and end a never-ending cycle.

The fact that you negatively react to nearly everything he says doesn't really help the situation. The only thing you gain from it is revenge, and according to Ghandi, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/lounge/28531/#msg154058

Obviously he's tired of fighting all the time, and I sincerely hope you are too. I suggest you make up, or forever participate in flamewars that make EVERYONE miserable.
I personally shall not forgive him without due reason. I shall however simply ignore him, which removes me from the forum combat and gives him fewer people to target. What interests me is how come twicker hasn't stepped in yet.

-Albatross
because he hasn't been particularly belligerent yet.
+1 to this paragraph:

pimaster wrote:
The fact that you negatively react to nearly everything he says doesn't really help the situation. The only thing you gain from it is revenge, and according to Ghandi, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

It's getting to the point where people are overreacting to posts just because he posted them. When really, his posts are quite reasonable.

His post in this thread, for example. I basically start a thread which outs him in the worst way (which wasn't my intent, but now I see that it was the result), and his only retort is a "thanks for the psychoanalysis".

Considering how hard I was leaning on him, that reply showed incredible restraint.

But of course because he posted it, he even got a little flack for it. In particular Albatross's response (I don't mean to out Albatross, now, I'm just trying to show a point):

Albatross wrote:
3. I'd say you're welcome in an equally sarcastic tone (is that sarcasm?), but I'm not Disch. Why did you have you comment about that?

Maybe in the back of my mind I wanted to see how he reacted to this thread. If he really was a troll I think he would be in it more trying to defend himself with inane arguments and counter accusations. But I'm not seeing that.

The more I read in this thread, the more it seems like he's settled down, and the rest of us are becoming the trolls. I'm beginning to regret starting this thread.

What do you say, everyone. Can we put this all behind us and play nice now?
closed account (z05DSL3A)
I don't have a problem with xorebxebx per se. He does raise some interesting points and stimulates interesting conversations. The only problem is is that they are not always appropriate for a dedicated C++ board. I don't see him as deliberately trolling but his disregard for others dose seem to get peoples backs up (some more that others).
I think xorebxebx is a troll but now knowing your opinion, I think he/she is not.

I'm kinda in the middle of yes or no..
In Soviet Russia, xorebxebx thinks the trolls are you! xD
History repeats itself. There has been a pattern and I will be surprised if it is a fluke. His/her comments become more and more disruptive or "daring" as time goes on, until he is banned or otherwise called out on them, and at that point the cycle begins again.

I'm not particularly concerned. I'm sure twicker has dealt with this before and I'm confident that he is handling it appropriately.
Pages: 123