Golden Sun

Anyone here a fan of the golden sun series. Then the new Golden Sun just came out and I was wondering what people thought of it. Please no spoilers as I have not yet finished the game.
Calling me a fan would be a step too far, but I must say I enjoyed playing the first two of the series. They reminded me of good old days of Final Fantasy VII (the best of the series, all after and before are shit compared to it).
I heard that Golden Sun "had gone DS", which I don't really like for two main reasons:
1) I liked the arcade feel of which the GameBoy got all out of.
2) I don't have a DS.

I think changing the gameplay just to "add what we CAN" (touchscreen and possibly microphone), rather than "add what we WANT", will ruin it. Although it's just an outright speculation of mine, since I haven't played the game, and don't even know if either are implemented in the game.
It's got a Pokemon Black/White-styled isometric scaling system (if that's even it, it's implemented such that it's hard to tell if it's 3D with a weird W/H ratio or if they are really just that awesome at texturing and transforming primitives), so it's not like your usual sky-angled RPG. Regardless, I've always been a fan of the Golden Sun series and I don't think that they'd trash something as awesome as this.
It is true that they added ds elements to it, but you don't have to use them. You can still use the buttons like the old game. The 3D is a little wierd, but you get used to it. At least I did.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.