• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Junior programmer looking for some C++ a

Junior programmer looking for some C++ activity.

Hi, I have 1 year PHP experience and 1.5 at all. So , I'm thinking about C++ as a tool for raising my programming and logical skills. If someone has to offer some small and quite easy programing tasks at the beginning, please feel free to contact me.

my email : jankidudel@gmail.com

Do you know any C++ yet? It'd help to know about how much you know.

Edit: Hehe, I have 314 posts. :-)
Last edited on
Hi!

Actually, we had a list of exercises ranging from what I'd call beginner to intermediate in difficulty. You can find that list here, although you can't post there anymore:
http://cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/

If you need a book on C++, I'd recommend Thinking in C++.
http://www.planetpdf.com/developer/article.asp?ContentID=6634

Good luck and have fun!

-Albatross
Last edited on
What I know is, of course syntax, loops, if, , etc....... functons, something about pointers from paskal, vectors, strings, includes :D, could probably write some classes and objects little bit, because of knowledge from OOP PHP. What I have written biggest with c++ is small game for guessing numbers , and earning moneys, it's kinda kids program, I could do more serious works.

I have lots of books, just don't want to practice on my own, doing dumb dummy projects.
I could get you involved with my networking project if you so desire. It may be a little over your head though =/
I would love to look on it little bit before deciding how much it may be over my head.
Having worked with PHP for numerous years, I can tell you that PHP and C++ are two different ball games. What I would suggest is using the links Albatross has posted.

What I've found to be most different between the languages is memory allocation. I would strongly recommend reading up no nodes which are non-existent in PHP. Actually you can create classes for nodes but PHP's multidimensional arrays are much better and easier to understand.

Anyways I'm learning C++ myself. For me personally, I understand PHP more know that I'm learning C++. Happy programming and enjoy the language.
For me personally, I understand PHP more know that I'm learning C++.

Exactly, I also feel like that. after c++ , brain cells are like joined together an contentrated on the task. , not as with PHP.
Each programing language is created for some purposes. To me PHP seems to be tilted heavily as a server side Web language whereas C++ is more of a general purpose language. Depending on your business requirements, you need both skill-sets.
By the way , why aren't you referring people to read cplusplus.com tutorial ? (I have just found it
accidentaly, searching google) . I think it containt quite good c++ background.
I find that the cplusplus.com tutorial is a good tutorial for people who already have the frame of mind of a programmer, or as a syntax reference. For people who are completely new to C++ (not necessarily programming, though), I generally suggest this book.

-Albatross
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.