My Life Sucks (today)

closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
In case you're not aware of the current weather in the great north-east, check out the weather channel. Car spit the serpentine belt about 4 miles down the road after leaving work tonight after I've been here for 12 hours (that was 5 hours ago). My only other contact for a ride tried to come out only to turn back after having troubles of their own. It's another 7 hours before any auto parts stores open up so I can walk (2 miles) into town to get a serp belt and serp belt tool...that is, if I can get through the 5 foot snow drift that's piled up in front of the front door here at work. Then after that I get to play out in the snow again to put the new belt on. Then (God Willing) I can get some sleep.

end of rant

But the overtime will be good I suppose.
At least you have snow in your country! In my country, I can only see snow on TV programmes and movies!

Hmm....there is always a saying the grass is always greener on the other side... in this case I would say snow! :P
closed account (zb0S216C)
I thought I've had bad days but you've had the worst in by book.
At least you have snow in your country! In my country, I can only see snow on TV programmes and movies!

Snow is nice to visit, and is nice for doing snow related activities (skiing, sledding, etc)

But it really sucks to live in. I mean the first snowfall is pretty and all, but after about an hour everything is just cold, wet, and slippery.

Driving in it sucks, walking in it sucks. Pretty much trying to do anything functional in it sucks. It's just a big hassle.

Consider yourself lucky you don't get it.
And then, when it rains... the snow turns to an ugly, brownish-slush that makes everything wet and miserable.
I'll take that over the baking heat with 89% humidity index any day!
I like the heat :)
It was all sunny today, made a nice change, though my hayfever will drive me crazy for the next few weeks. Once that passes, though, I'll be able to enjoy the summer...
I like the heat :)

Same here, I'm actually glad winters over.

Heat is nice to a point...

I'll take that over the baking heat with 89% humidity index any day!
Last edited on
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Here in in South Texas, we hit record high temperatures with 95%+ humidity. We are sometimes told that going outside is dangerous.
I think snow is probably one of the most annoying types of precipitation in the world! I would pick rain over snow any day. I think commuting in the snow is the worst and not fun--makes life totally difficult.
I live in Buffalo New York, and unless you're one of those few other populated places that knows what the term "Lake Effect Snow" means then you have never seen a blizzard before I don't care what your local weather guy says.

I agree the first snow fall is nice, after that it is ALL down hill.

- The movies NEVER show you that about four hours after it's done falling, the snow on the side of the road turns black from the carbon emitted by the cars that drive by.

- No body ever mentions black ice. I HATE this stuff with a passion and have broken the concreate slab underneath it getting rid of it after I fell. Does this not happen anywhere else?

- You know in spring time when everything is coming alive again and it's supposed to look pretty and happy? Nope, the snow has a tendency to trap garbage and litter underneath it for those 6 - 8 months every year that we have it around here. So when it finally does melt every neighborhood looks like the outer edges of a landfill, there is just garbage EVERYWHERE.

- Snow isn't as bad as hail. I've always wondered why people don't complain about hundreds of chunks of ice falling for a thousand feet and hitting them in the head but I guess it's because you expect that to be a bad thing?

Some of it can be funny though, have you ever seen somebody powerslide or drift in a Toyota at a steady 15 MPH? That never gets old for me. There's also never a lack of stuff on the ground to throw at people so it isn't all bad, I'm about %50 sure that doesn't qualify as battery around here.

EDIT: Unless you hit a cop. If you hit a cop with a snow ball very few of them have the sense of humor to let you off with a warning.
Last edited on
We don't have the problem with garbage under the snow, we have buckets for such things.
Buffalo New York

Just curious there exist Buffalo in New York? Buffalo as in those animals roaming in New York?
Buffalo is a city in the state of New York.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.