Can't get it working.

I know i shouldn't be asking a question like this here, however it seems i have no where to go. (note that i am not computer fool, i am a current generation person.)

I recently brought a Logitech c910 1080p webcam and it doesn't seem to work.
here is the thing that i did
1) Device manager to check whether it is there. Yes it is
2) plug and unplug see if computer recognize it. Yes
3) try putting in different usb port. Yes
4) Test it on skype/msn. Yes, but only the build in mic work there's no video.
5) test it on other computer. Yes, and this webcam works on my laptop (note that when the webcam is video recording or using the video component a blue led light will lid off. While it is in my desktop it the blue led light never gets on.)
6) Lastest driver. Yes
7) Safe mode. Yes
8) uninstall the driver and try simple using the camera without the software disk's driver installed. Yes
9) Testing in different programs(skype msn bla bla bla) and several restarts. Yes
10) Install the drivers and the software of the webcam in my laptop. Yes and it worked.

observation 1: When i check my device manager, the driver version in my laptop is older than the desktop.

observation 2: my laptop use intel/nvida while my desktop is amd/ati

observation 3: i install a creative xfi discrete sound card in my desktop.

Note 1: just to be clear my webcam is not working on my desktop while working on my laptop.

note 2:
here's my specs of my desktop
mobo: m4a77td
ram: 8gb consair
hardrive: intel ssd 40gb
storage: 1tb
cpu: amd phenom II 945 x4
psu: 550 watt cooler master
graphics card: hd 5830

Here's my laptop specs
mobo: zzzz
ram: 3 gb
hardrive: some standard 320gb harddrive for laptop
cpu: some noob intel preium
psu: who cares
graphics card: 9300gt nvidia.

tried logitech forums? http://forums.logitech.com/ ? I'd imagine you'd get a better response than posting here :)
I did, but it seems those Logitech techs are only familiar with their products and not with compatibly nor any extended knowledge that can help. Since the problem is not their products but my own comptuer (prooven when the cam work in other comptuers. )
Last edited on
I suspect it is a problem with your video card. (ATI is crap, alas.)
First step is to roll back to the driver version that is working on your laptop. Not every driver released by a manufactorer is compatible with their products (it sounds asinine but it's completley true). This is why older driver variants are often avalible on the manufactorers website. See if that works.

Have you tested the USB ports on the desktop with another device like a USB thumb drive?

Do you have software from a previous webcam (even if the manufactorer is the same) installed on the desktop?

Also, I noticed you didn't list the OS of either device despite the huge difference that it makes.
The os is window 7. Yes i tested the usb ports it works. The older version doesn't work too. It seems it's something to do with ATI i do believe it's crap S=.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.