C++ books?

Hello, I am definitely an amateur when it comes to programming, I've learnt the basics from the website but it would be nice to re-enforce my knowledge by reading it from a book. I travel allot and am a keen reader so it would be perfect for me to enjoy some casual learning while on a long trip, was wondering if anybody knew of any in depth tutorial books on C++, price is irrelevant, if it's expensive, I'll save up for it.

Printing of the tutorial and reading of it isn't a good response.
Some of the best things in life are free...
http://www.planetpdf.com/developer/article.asp?ContentID=6634

Happy reading!

-Albatross

Oooh there's an assembly one two :D
Way back in my freshman year in college, we were given a book or the c resource book as my instructor would say. It was entitled The C programming language co authored by the main man himself, Dennis Ritchie. I would have to say that it was a lot of help as it went through a lot of topics. It provided a complete list of header files and syntax. Though, you will probably learn faster by doing it first hand.

There are ebooks you can download online.
The C programming language ... Dennis Ritchie

Don't forget the C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup ;)
closed account (z05DSL3A)
The C++ Programming Language
by Bjarne Stroustrup

The C++ Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference
by Nicolai M. Josuttis

C++ Templates: The Complete Guide
by David Vandevoorde and Nicolai M. Josuttis

The Sutter path:

Exceptional C++

More Exceptional C++: 40 More Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions

Exceptional C++ Style: 40 New Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems and Solutions
by Herb Sutter

The Meyers way

Effective C++: 55 Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs

More Effective C++: 35 New Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs

Effective STL: 50 Specific Ways to Improve the Use of the Standard Template Library
by Scott Meyers
Last edited on
Effective C++: 55 Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs

this is my favourite book I'd recommend it once you're at an intermediate level, not as a complete beginner however.
Great stuff guys,
decided to buy an Ebook.
Thanks B)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.