C++ information needed

Hello, I need to find out what are a C++ developers hot points....what would be the ultimate job description?

What about Robotics?

Regards,

Kerrie
Robotics is not my area, but what I look for in a job description is enough detail that I can see if my current skill set is a good fit, and if the role offers the opportunity to learn new, cool stuff so I can take my career forward. I also look for information which tells me a bit about the culture of the company.

The ultimate job description would provide all this information, plus offers a good remuneration package!

I have found that job ads provide insufficient information these days. This might be ok when you're starting out and open to all/most offers, but when you're trying to take the next logical step, it's a right pain.

I though robotics was cool when I was younger, but now my interests are more abstract (relating to how you solve problems, rather than any specific problem).

Andy
Last edited on
I have found that job ads provide insufficient information these days. This might be ok when you're starting out and open to all/most offers, but when you're trying to take the next logical step, it's a right pain.

Agree. For mid-career programmers, we want to analyze carefully our next job opening and sad to say, most IT outsourcing vendors just look for the relevant skill-sets for their current project needs. They do not take into account the fact a programmer that is able to learn and adapt fast is actually more valuable than the fresh graduate or programmer that is specialized in the specific programming language only. IT trends change very fast and to employers getting a programmer with flexibility is actually better than getting one who focused on that specific area only.
Some of the names on the Money.cnn.com list are very scary. Scary that the people who work for them think they're good to work for!

Incidentally, I have worked for one of the companies on that list. And heard a lot worse about one of the others which is higher up the list!

Andy

PS I won't mention names as I don't have a big legal fund!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.