Qubits vs Bits

Ok so as some of you may or may not know, I have been writing a paper about quantum computing. I'm discussing qubits right now. Well, if you took two superpositioned qubits and performed a calculation on them, you would get four results. You would get 0/0,0/1,1/0, and 1/1 results. This grows exponentially with more qubits. Anyway, let's say you take just 2 bits and perform a calculation on them. You get one result. What if you take 4 bits and perform a calculation on them? Do we still only get one result?

To me, this sounds like an outrageous benefit from quantum computers.
Where can I learn more about quantum computing? It sounds awesome and I want to program something related to it (though I doubt I'd be able to, especially on a normal computer) but I don't know of any good resources for it. I'll read the Wikipedia article for the time being.
Well here's the sources I had for my paper. I can also send you the paper here in a couple days if you like
Wow, thanks. And yeah, I'd like to read your paper when you're done (edit: or at any stage).
Last edited on
It should be about as done as it'll be tomorrow. Gives a nice basic explanation of the phyics behind it, and goes more into the computer science side of things
CS & Physics are my two favourite subjects so it sounds good.
Alright my paper is done, do you have e-mail I can send it to if you still wanna read it? Or I can just post it in the articles section
I think it would be beneficial to the internet to post it in the articles section :)
Alright it is up for review right now. Hope you like it
Chrisname shares my favorite subjects. O:

And I'm really interested in learning about quantum computing.
I'm getting into maths a lot now, too. I'd like to become a sort of polymath.
Qubits are the future of computers once they do perfect replacing the silicon in computers with man-made diamonds. They were estimated to be done in 2011 but as we can easily see, it is 2012 and still no diamond chipped computers are out yet so they are late. It will be interesting to see who corners the market on them and how far into computer speeds it takes us because Qubits are dependent on being able to control the position of the electron using magnetic fields and that means you have to create an environment where no magnetic fields will penetrate except the ones you want to get into there. It will really be interesting to see what they come out with, hopefully sooner then later.
Sadly, the field still has a long way to go. Research groups have only managed to get several qubits working together so far. Though there is a company called D-Wave I believe that has supposedly managed 30 qubits, though people speculate that no entanglement was actually present
Where can I find the article, RB? :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.