trends?

Am I the only one who's noticed so many people online are really similar?
Here's some trends I've noticed:
1, Playing the exact same video games (with the occasional fight over which is better).
2. The same political views (which boils down in one way or another to **** the government)
3. Racist.
4. Sexist.
5. Have memorized all the Pokemon (I'm not joking here. There's an INSANE amount of Pokemon talk on the web...)
6. Smoke weed (or pretend to). There's almost as much talk about weed as Pokemon talk!
7. Finally there's the "memes". These "memes" in my opinion mean saying something completely senseless or useless because everyone else has said it (or because it was "funny" ONE time).

I always love to analyze and think about stuff like this. Does anyone else have a view something along these lines at all...
closed account (zb0S216C)
1) Well, people tend to play the latest games. Different games appeal to different people.
2) The government is all about opinions. I wouldn't consider it a trend.
3) Racism isn't a trend; it's a choice.
4) Sexism isn't a trend; it too is a choice.
5) Having a good memory isn't a trend but a trait.
6) Not a trend, but, again, it's a choice.
7) A trend, but a stupid one.

Wazzak
Last edited on
1-5 depend on which circles you go to online. There are many places where none of those are true. This board, for example, has very few people (if any) that fall under 3-5.

As for #6, weed is just popular in general... not just with people online. I don't personally smoke it, but just about everyone I know IRL does (or used to).

#7: memes are just jokes. Lot's of people have heard about the chicken crossing the road... and lots of people have heard of Yo Dawg. It's the same idea, only modernized. To say that all memes are senseless and useless is rather narrow. Humor is anything but senseless/useless. Granted, many memes are not funny... but just because you hear a bunch of bad jokes doesn't mean all jokes are bad.
- How many chickens does it take to cross the road?
- Yes, but it's hard to smoke them!
An infinite number of mathematicians, a polar bear, helium, and a neutrino walk into a bar (ouch). One of the mathematicians then says, "the bar is now empty" and they begin to play hide and seek. The neutrino is then stopped by a police officer. Officer Heisenberg says, "Do you know how fast you were going back there?" The neutrino replies, "I'm positive and a pascal but I don't know where I am." The bar tender then says "You're all idiots, the cows are all black" and pours 10 (in base 2, i mean 10) drinks and there is an extra dollar. The polar bear then dissolves in water while the helium does not react.
chrisname
You forgot the Pokemon.
Last edited on
I'd go with Disch, especially 1-5

But I also noticed that there aren't too many individual or special characters online anymore or at least they don't show their individuality...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.