• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Good anniversary gift for my girlfriend?

Good anniversary gift for my girlfriend?

Pages: 12
my 5 month anniversary is coming up with my girlfriend, and considering i forgot the last one(a fate apparently worse than death) i decided to go a little far and buy her something she will use. I know she loves iphone cases for her 4s, and cant stop buying them when she comes across a cool one. I found this case online that is thermal and thought it would be an awesome gift, but this is coming from a guy who loves physics, programming and anything remotely related to science. So what im asking is, would this be something that you guys think my/a girlfriend would like? Appreciate any help!

http://rflaserworks.com/heat-sensitive-iphone-44s-backing
Last edited on
depends, does she like pretty pink things or cool sciency things, I don't know your girlfriend and neither does anyone else here, how do you expect us to know?

however, I'm sure she'd be happy with it, just knowing you didn't forget is enough.
Last edited on
What's up with that site asking to use space on my hard drive?
Last edited on
it didn't ask me, and I don't see any flash objects although they could be there, typically flash games ask you for more storage for save games and cache, I don't why it would ask you nor what was asking you.
closed account (z05DSL3A)
...5 month anniversary...
Grrph

Give her a pearl necklace.
Ask not what you can buy for your girlfriend, but what your girlfriend can buy for you!
month
anniversary
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
People celebrate anniversaries every month?! wtf
But the "anni" part of "anniversary" comes from the Latin "annum" meaning "year"... Tell her to learn her etymology.
Last edited on
I'm surprised so many people are flippin over the incorrect use of anniversary.

It's not uncommon to use it as such. However, I wouldn't be celebrating each month with a lady. For me it'd usually be one month, six months, and then a real anniversary.
Good to know i got an English lesson out of this topic, i went ahead and ordered it anyways. Thanks for the help!
I'm surprised so many people are flippin over the incorrect use of anniversary.

There is a strong correlation between people good at programming and people strong on precision use of words.
But the "anni" part of "anniversary" comes from the Latin "annum" meaning "year"... Tell her to learn her etymology.

Hah, this.

But in all seriousness, I'd just take her out to a nice place to eat. Fancy gifts at 5 months seems a little weird
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Considering it's only a 5 month "anniversary", I'd say a 12$ iPhone case is appropriate.
Don't take this the wrong way.... but how old is she (and how old are you?)

5 months is like nothing.... which gives me the impression you two are like swooning teenage highschoolers. If she's older than 20 and she thinks 5 months together is something incredible and worthy of celebrations and gifts... she's either a) clueless, b) immature, and/or c) clingy/needy/greedy

Also don't buy gifts out of obligation. Gifts mean nothing if they're expected... they're not even gifts then... they're more like payment.

Spend the day with her. Tell her "happy anniversary" if she really thinks 5 months means something... but don't purchase anything or go out of your way to make it a super special day. Because it isn't really.

If you really want to be romantic... do the whole "gift + amazing day out" thing when she doesn't expect it.
Unique Gifts

I got my girlfriend a Message on a Necklace for our anniversary. She loved it and said it was the best anniversary gift ever.
Sometimes words are better when written forever and never has that meant more than when getting a message on a necklace that not only can be read but kept close to the heart.
URL: http://messageonanecklace.com/articles/unique_gift_ideas.html

that sounds like one of those bots that goes around posting advertisements.

look at the evil you have brought forth!, Need4Sleep!
Give her a pearl necklace.

http://instantrimshot.com/

Even though I am absolutely the last person on this site that should be giving relationship advice, I think you should do your best to play down the idea that 5 months is anything to celebrate. Especially if the last one you missed was 4 months or anything stupid like that. A nice night out on the town would be a appropriate, maybe ask your friends not to call or drop by.
i dont understand why this thread is still going, the title wasnt "should i celebrate my 5 month anniversary", i just asked if she would like an item i linked. let the thread die now, she loved the screen.
Well your first mistake was asking guys who may or may not have girlfriends or wives to begin with. Second was asking anyone to begin with. Your girlfriend, if she really loves you will love anything you get her as it was picked by you. Now, some guys have a point, it is a rarity to find a couple that celebrate anything other than the yearly anniversary, but don't let them subtract from your 5 month anniversary. I've been married 9 years to my wife and with her 11 years now and we only celebrate our wedding anniversary (May 24) and the yearly week long anniversary of when we first met (Aug 12 - 17, talked online for a week, met in person on Aug 12, I moved down to be with her Aug 17) and our son's birthday and our birthdays (birthdays are another matter entirely). Every wedding anniversary I buy her a dozen crazy daisies (her favorite flower) and a bottle of one of her favorite perfumes then take her to her favorite restaurant (Applebees) for her favorite drink (Pina Colada) and dinner.

Moral of the story, get to know her favorite things and get her something along that line. For example, if she loves butterflies or dolphins then get her jewelry or such that has that on it. Get her her favorite perfume, lotion, etc. Take her out for a romantic dinner so you can spend time together. No need to stress over things that should be simple in a relationship. Like you said, she loves buying cases for her iPhone, so you should definitely get her something like that (so you did the right thing if you bought her that for your anniversary).
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
Damnit, more spam bots.

I don't think your idea of gift is bad. However, you can make this more beautiful with a bunch of lovely flowers. And also make this more surprising by sending it through online delivery. It will really make her happy.
Source: http://www.onlineflowerdelivery.in
Pages: 12