• Forum
  • Lounge
  • Just a comment about creating the simple

Just a comment about creating the simplest of games

Hello everyone..

I just finished probably the simplest game I will ever create and honestly it took FOREVER and was not too hard....but took FOREVER!!! I definitely have a new found respect for programmers everywhere, especially the ones who's livelihood depend on it. On paper the game I thought sounded easy and I thought it'd take a day at most and it ended up taking 4. I found the details of the game are the most time consuming and when you think you are done, you are definitely not done OR you find something more interesting to put into your game...which sends you on 30 google searches and asking many questions on forums. Anyway I will not go on forever, just am ecstatic to learn more and will definitely keep at it.
Last edited on
closed account (zb0S216C)
...and the question is? If it's not a question, please move this thread to the lounge, please. Thanks.

By the way, building a game is a difficult task. So congratulations on building one :)

Wazzak
Last edited on
spends 4 days on a project
thinks it's "forever"

haw

I've had projects that I've worked on for months/years.

But yeah congratulations :)
Last edited on
What's the game? Could you give us the code so we can try it out?
@framework thanks and sorry about that @ disch lol hopefully I will be working on projects that last months...years....wow?! Was the project a one-maner or was it within a team? @ MaxLascombe it's a simple 1 to 4 player game in which the players score is based on how close they guess to the hidden number [random generated number]....it took a while because of all the little stuff added like outputting the player in the lead at the end of each round, the classes, coding if someone tied, etcetera.... and just a bunch of failsafe code. I would upload the game but it is beyond the maximum length of characters. If there was a way to upload I would.
i have heard people suggest paste bin before
Oh thanks Elixia,

@ MaxLascombe....Well here is the game

http://pastebin.com/u7wHXmMp

IDK why but pastebin put my header in comments...so to run the game just take the header out of comments by deleting the "**/"
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.