VC++ 2010 Express requirements

Hi there i want to buy a small laptop,just for programming.
I searched overall but i couldn't find the system requirements for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express.Does anybody know them ?.I need them because i wont to buy the cheapest laptop that runs VC++.
Thank you :)
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-gb/products/2010-editions/ultimate/system-requirements

Computer that has a 1.6GHz or faster processor
1 GB (32 Bit) or 2 GB (64 Bit) RAM (Add 512 MB if running in a virtual machine)
3GB of available hard disk space
5400 RPM hard disk drive
DirectX 9 capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display
DVD-ROM Drive

closed account (3qX21hU5)
Hmm did you search everywhere? One of the first results on google is this http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/visual-studio-express-for-windows-desktop

Which has what you are looking for

System Requirements
Supported operating systems
Windows 7 SP1 (x86 and x64)
Windows 8 (x86 and x64)
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
Windows Server 2012 (x64)
Supported architectures
32-bit (x86)
64-bit (x64)
Hardware requirements
1.6 GHz or faster processor
1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
5 GB of available hard disk space
100 MB of available hard disk space (language pack)
5400 RPM hard disk drive
DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
@Zereo you can find there just the requirements for 2012 version,i searched there to.
@Catfish3 thank you,but are the express version requirements the same with the ultimate version ?
Last edited on
closed account (3qX21hU5)
The 2012 and 2010 version is almost the exact same requirements im guessing. Im pretty sure you can go get a netbook (probably cheapest) out there and they can run it. You wont have good compile times but pretty sure almost any modern computer can run it. It just depends what your going to be coding if its 3d games you wil want a more powerfull computer. You cant just factor in if it will run the IDE you have to factor in other stuff to.

Hell even the PI a $25 mini computer can run a IDE
Last edited on
thank you,i am a newbie so my programs are small.I think i will buy a asus netbook...
can someone explain me why the program requires 1 gb ram for 32 bit version and 2 gb ram for 64 bit version ? i saw this form of requirements at other programms to.
is 1 gb ram in 32 version equal with 2 gb ram in 64 version ?
By the way, VC++ 2012 Desktop edition will run in Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 ;)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.