Do I have the right...

Pages: 1234
chrisname: fair enough. I did some more research and it looks like you're right. Though it does not appear to be as severe as cigarette smoke, marijuana smoke does in fact raise the risk of lung cancer, as well as testicular cancer.
The same goes for any smoke, though, because to inhale smoke is to inhale charred particles of whatever you're burning.
The same goes for any smoke, though, because to inhale smoke is to inhale charred particles of whatever you're burning.

This is one of those absolute statements that sounds suspect because it's an absolute statement. Who says "charred particles" are necessarily carcinogens? Does ingesting charred meat, then, result in a higher risk of cancer? Should I be suing Alexander's Steakhouse?

Anyway, I found the following article interesting.
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2005-02/1109562409.Me.r.html
cire wrote:
This is one of those absolute statements that sounds suspect because it's an absolute statement

You're right, but it is generally true (although not always as your article points out).

Who says "charred particles" are necessarily carcinogens?

Who else but the greatest god of all: Empirical Evidence, Lord of The Material Realm.

Does ingesting charred meat, then, result in a higher risk of cancer?

Yes, although we may be using different definitions of the word "charred" (I think of it as being blackened; if it's just brown I would call it "seared").
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1234