boost coroutine and asio test build failed on linux x64 platform with gcc4.7

I try to build the example code provide by boost asio example: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/doc/html/boost_asio/example/cpp11/spawn/echo_server.cpp

I copy all the code and put it into a cpp file, compile it on linux with gcc4.7 and cmake, link with boost coroutine and boost context library, but the link is failed.

The output is list below:

Linking CXX executable ../../../output/bin/unit_test
cd /home/watson/ID_project/build/server_linux_makefile_gcc/abc/test/unit/abc_async && /usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/bin/c++   -std=c++11 -O3 -DNDEBUG  -pthread -lrt -ltcmalloc -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/TestFileChannel.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/TestStreamBuffer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/TestTimer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/TestThreadPool.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/TestScheduler.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/PCH.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/main.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/TestUDPNetwork.cpp.o CMakeFiles/unit_test.dir/TestTCPNetwork.cpp.o  -o ../../../output/bin/unit_test -rdynamic ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_unit_test_framework-gcc47-mt-1_54.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_context-gcc47-mt-1_54.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_coroutine-gcc47-mt-1_54.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_thread-gcc47-mt-1_54.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_filesystem-gcc47-mt-1_54.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libyaml-cpp.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libmongoc.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_system-gcc47-mt-1_54.a ../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libprotobuf.a
../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_coroutine-gcc47-mt-1_54.a(coroutine_context.o): In function `boost::coroutines::detail::coroutine_context::coroutine_context(void (*)(long), boost::coroutines::stack_context*)':
coroutine_context.cpp:(.text+0x103): undefined reference to `make_fcontext'
../../../../../../install/thirdparty_linux_makefile_gcc/lib/libboost_coroutine-gcc47-mt-1_54.a(coroutine_context.o): In function `boost::coroutines::detail::coroutine_context::jump(boost::coroutines::detail::coroutine_context&, long, bool)':
coroutine_context.cpp:(.text+0x1bc): undefined reference to `jump_fcontext'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [abc/output/bin/unit_test] Error 1

I print the symbol table from the .a file, and find the symbol jump_fcontext' andmake_fcontext' is existed:

nm libboost_context-gcc47-mt-1_54.a

make_x86_64_sysv_elf_gas.o:
                 U _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
                 U _exit
000000000000002e t finish
0000000000000000 T make_fcontext

jump_x86_64_sysv_elf_gas.o:
0000000000000000 T jump_fcontext

Someone can give me any tips about it? I try google every place but without information.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
do you have to link in a certain order like in sfml?
you mean the link order is important?
As far as I known it is no requirement for .a file link in order.
So how the order it should be.

By the way I find the boost.context library almost compile in asm files, is it may lead this error?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.