Which steps are needed for an Unicode program

Hi everyone!
I'm sorry about my English and perhaps about the title of this thread because I don't know what is it called.
My problem is I want to write a C++ program which can support typing Unicode characters in other text editors like LibreOffice, MS Office, Notepad, ... (because I'm a Vietnamese and my mother tongue language includes Unicode characters such as: đ, â, à ế, ẹ, ẻ, ...). That means when I use a text editor like those above or any applications which can support text editing such as Browsers (in address bar or search bar), Chat applications like Yahoo or Skype, ... and when I type a key or a group of keys in keyboard, my C++ program will notice that and convert it in to Unicode character and send it back to text editor.
For example, when I type double 'e' key in text editor, C++ program with notice that and make it as 'ê' in text editor. My knowledge and idea about this problem is zero. Please please tell me steps needed or mechanism to do a such application. I don't know where to start. I will very very grateful about that. Thank you so much for your attention.
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
is it gui? if so, the api will probably have a way to deal with it. otherwise c++11 supports utf characters.
I have no idea about the program. But it must be an application which can run parallel with other applications (text editors). Can you tell me steps to build a such program?
Are you trying to create a program that will allow you to type those special Unicode characters while using those other programs?

Or are you trying to write your own text editor?

Also, it looks like you are using Windows, right? Or are you using Linux?
Hi Duoas, thank you so much for you attention.
I'm trying to create a program that will allow me to type those special Unicode characters while using those other text programs. I'm a Ubuntu Linux new comer, and I start like it. I think this program must be independent with other text editors. For example, when I type letter 'e' twice in text editor or search box (Google search box for instance), my program will notice that i typed letter 'e' twice in those applications, and control the keyboard and make it as 'ê' in those programs. But I think this program must be independent with other text editors, so perhaps there is a mechanism for control keyboard from this program and send back for those text editor. Could you tell me steps needed to create a such program. Hopefully you understand my expression. Thank again.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.