need to save all of the text that is on the screen to a file

alright so i have my program mostly running off of ncurses and you are a little dude (cursor) and you go around and you can place 'o' and delete 'o' and just kinda build. i want to make it where people plying it can press a button, right now set as z, and it saves everything they have done on the screen, to a different text file so you can just make a copy of the program itself and paste in that saved stuff u made into the copied file of the original program where the starting board is. OR i could have an option to save it somehow to the file with pressing z and then automatially load it back up while in game. i dont want to go crazy with a bunch of lines so keep it as simple as possible. id rather not copy and not understand it :) heres my coded so far. link to pastebin.
thanks for all the help people! i hope u like my game so far too. i actually find it amusing building all the stuff. it just sucks how i have to save it manually if i want to save it :) remember tho, if u want to run it u need to use ncurses. umm i guess ill put the compiler string too. its different.
gcc -o ncursesv5 ncursesv5.cpp -lncurses
thats what u use tocompile it for anyone who has trouble ;)
As opposed to trying to copy the screen, just record the relevant data you need to bring up the game to that exact state. Sounds like all you need is a position of the player, and coordinates of all 'o's. You can save this in a text file in whatever format you feel is easiest.
in my newer versions there is more objects. i dont know how i could find the positions of the objects and then save them. any examples?
moved to here please go here and look at this one rather than this.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.