Where to start and what to play with?

Very new to programming ,just finished programming one (C++) two weeks ago and now just started programming two (C++) this week at my local community college. Though I am kind of just venturing on and exploring stuff myself to further my knowledge. Want to complete a computer science degree.

I just installed Ubuntu today so I can dual boot. Working great so far.

What should I play with next or familiarize myself with next? what should i download? about to download and try out visual studio code on here as well.

Just looking for stuff to do and play with.

Last edited on
What have you covered in Programming 1?
real basic stuff loops, variables, functions, arrays, reading and writing out to text files, basic sorting algorithms and i started reading on vectors myself. Probably start reading on pointers and structs next
Question - Why don't I need to install a compiler ? All I did was install CLion and everything works fine? its compiling my c++ code already. **did some googling sounds like Ubuntu comes with a couple different compilers already. thats pretty cool .
Last edited on
To really take off with C++, there are a few more concepts to learn. However, the core of CS is data structures, their implementation and use. As with all things, practice makes perfect.

I found these samples by Googling. I think it's good place to start.
https://adriann.github.io/programming_problems.html
oh sweet. thanks a lot. i will def start to solve those instead, appreciate that.
check out some of the stuff I put up that uses vt100 graphics and make some new examples. I love seeing text based nostalgia.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.