Success - Developing On Macintosh

Ok first this is about writing code and not discussing your preference for platform.

After MUCH reading and looking through web pages and looking at software and crying and cursing and asking everyone questions and trying things and giving up and going back...

I have two reasonably current Macs and have been interested in astronomy and satellites for a long time. So I wanted to do some work on my Macs, but finding help is not easy.

Finally I am writing C and C++ (mostly C so far but I like typing lots of << so I go back to C++) on my Macs. I do use a brute force approach of some XCode, some gcc and g++, etc. But I have written an application that takes some common orbital parameters and produces other numbers. I used to start up Excel and use it - it is far easier to use this application rather than start up a behemoth like Excel for some small calculations.

I thought of putting this in Lounge but it fits better here since the applications that I have written should run on any vanilla Unix box.

And in case anyone asks - I am not (currently) taking any programming classes and can't help on assignments. But if you would like to write code and have a Mac handy...

Charles
Houuston, Texas
sites.google.com/site/spaceflightresearchprojects/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.