monodevelop

hi
I'm using monodevelop IDE in ubuntu 14.01
but this compiler doesn't help me!!
ex.
when I write double .. I have to write it completely ... there is no list appear when I write dou
what is the keyboard short cut to make that list appears???
The same as in any other IDE: Ctrl+Space.
It should appear automatically, though. Check your settings.

ubuntu 14.01

Haven't heard of that one yet.
Last edited on
You may want to give Code::Blocks a try.
closed account (1yR4jE8b)
Monodevelop does not have code-completion for C++, at all. The IDE has support for C++ in so far as it can syntax-highlight, fold-code, manage project files and call the compiler but that's pretty much it.

If you want a richer C++ development experience on Linux try Code::Blocks, CodeLite, Eclipse, Netbeans, Anjuta, KDevelop or QtCreator.

ubuntu 14.01

Does not compute. The current stable release is 12.04, and development has only really started for 12.10. In Ubuntu version numbers, the left of the dot is the year of release and the right of the dot is the month. Ubuntu releases in April and October, and not January, so a .01 release is impossible (this is why you only ever see .04/.10 releases). And last I checked, it's only 2012...so a 14 release is also impossible...

conclusion:

I think we have a time-traveller on our hands.
Last edited on

conclusion:

I think we have a time-traveller on our hands.

o.O
Than he/she is the proof that the world won't gonna destroyed on Dec 21. I'm so happy 8-)=)
I'm sorry I made mistake
I use ubuntu 12.04
sorry again
Suck it up - use a plain text editor with no auto-complete :)
Moschops(4555)
What do you mean?
can you say steps?
I'm just referring to the idea that some people don't even use an IDE to write code.
Although that would make me wonder whether they write any (significant amount of) code at all.
A good IDE greatly improves your productivity.
I write tens of thousands of lines of code without an IDE. A good IDE can improve your productivity. Some people's productivity is not significantly improved by them. Some people use other tools to achieve much the same ends (and, as in my case, my productivity would drop if I had to switch to an IDE).
Last edited on
I agree with Moschops. If you learn g++ command line options, you can develop programs without an IDE.
Also gedit, kate etc are great editors for syntax highlighting.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.