UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2018

missing events in 'poll'

Hi everyone! I am missing some events when executing 'poll' system call. Here is an example code: #include <poll.h> #include <thread> #include <chron...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Salem! Yes, definitely 'pipe' solved my problem, because I can't a... (by hebrerillo)
General Question about Website Programming

I am just curious as to how to set up a website - I can do simple web stuff like html, css, etc.., but is it better to go to one of the sites that have pre-conf...
[2 replies] Last: HTML, CSS, SQL, PHP, Ruby, Python and JavaScript are a few of the comm... (by shivkumar12)
thread id question

I am going over c++ concurrency and have question for those well versed in this area. I used simple binary which launches thread and display its status. THere i...
[1 reply] : No, there is no such expectation. C++ threads on linux are implemente... (by Peter87)
by colt
"cannot execute binary file"

Hello, I recently tried to compile my program with: g++ -o RayTracer PerformanceManager.h PerformanceManager.cpp Vec3f.h Image.h Image.cpp FileManager.h File...
[1 reply] : Hi, Some tips: Normally one doesn't compile header files, because th... (by TheIdeasMan)
Mac Mojave update making me unable to read SDL2 frameworks.

I recently installed the update to Mojave, and it turns out that it has broken a lot of my code. The issue that I have no idea how to fix is my compiler not fin...
[3 replies] Last: I would recommend you to try Xcode simply because of the drag and drop... (by poteto)
Access to data of struct msghdr in C

Hi! Linux RT (am3359). C (not C++). I can't access the data of struct msghdr msg. I have received the message from socket into struct msghdr msg: struct msghd...
[3 replies] Last: About sock_recvmsg : \board-support\linux-rt-4.14.67+gitAUTOINC+cfb7... (by VLeshka)
gcc-5 build config log

I am planning to build the debug version of gcc-5, specifically gcc-5.4.0-6 16.04.10. I am doing this to investigate some segmentation faults on a particular m...
[13 replies] Last: I reran the build on each machine - it runs to completion ending with ... (by CPPAWhile)
How to detect mouse movement

I would like to detect mouse movement using c++ in while{} statement. can someone tell me how to do this? thanks
[3 replies] Last: OP is on linux, and he wants to know about detecting/mouse events (mov... (by Ganado)
c++ Interactive Dialogs

I have seen 'zenity' and 'dialog' which work in the Bash Terminal. How do I produce a dialog screen in c++11, and acquire the response ?
[2 replies] Last: Great thanks ! (by A900A900)
How does ld find the path to libbfd?

I have the file libbfd-2.26.1-system.so in the right place and with the proper symbolic link. I believe I have my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH set up ok (although ...
[16 replies] Last: I had to run the ldconfig command a number of times to try to get the ... (by CPPAWhile)
create a new CSV file and limit it size to 100 MB

hello i want to open and then write into a file until it size gets to a specific size , let say for example 100 MB. and then after the first file reach to 100 M...
[6 replies] Last: void write_more(ofstream& f, unsigned& cnt_files, const string& text)... (by Konstantin2)
Bootable iso from Optimized kernel

Hello Experts i want to create boot-able ISO file from my optimized kernel in ubuntu...i want to run this on Vmware..i have already optimized my kernel and it i...
[1 reply] : U can take Slax and chage it's files to ur own. It use Isolinux as loa... (by Konstantin2)
A open source Linux Process Manager using modern C++

A open source Linux Process Manager using modern C++: https://github.com/jinneec/application-manager Application Manager is a daemon process to manage d...
[1 reply] : http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/taoup/html/ (by kbw)
COMPILER_PATH, LIBRARY_PATH

I sometimes use LD_LIBRARY_PATH and various other preprocessor variables allowed by gcc/g++. Sometimes I notice that I run gcc or gcc-5 or whatever and I loo...
[2 replies] Last: This is a low-priority issue as I know that if I set my -I paths corre... (by CPPAWhile)
  Archived months: [oct2018] [dec2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.