C++ GUI

Hello I want to program windows buttons, labels, text boxes, forms and etc with C++. But I want something easy program without writing much code. I am beginner.
not much of a gui myself but i find QT to be cool!
QT is mix of programming languages for creating C++ GUI, like HTML. I want only C++.
And something more easy, pls.
Ooookay!!!

seems you already done your home work! so why not tell us which ones you know and don't want to use.

Qt
GTKmm (based on GTK+)
wxWidgets
FLTK
closed account (G309216C)
As far as I know I suggest Windows Form but it is up to you if you use it or not.

Thanks!
#include <iostream>
#include <cstdlib>//for some compilers does not need to be included
using namespace std;
int main()
{
    system("color 0A");
    cout<<"Hello world!\n";
    system("Pause");

return 0;

}

Like this one *_* ?
simple
Last edited on
Nah, he asks for GUI as graphical user interfaces, like in your web browser you have buttons to press, and as you press them an event happens...
And so on.
I suggest you either GTK or native Windows API.
Hello I want to program windows buttons, labels, text boxes, forms and etc with C++. But I want something easy program without writing much code. I am beginner.

- Something easy? Well, 'easy' is relative and subjective.

- Hence, i'll simply give you some recommendations.

- I would suggest Win API, or MFC, or Qt.

- I wouldn't say that those are easy however, i doubt that you'll be able to make a GUI without writing much code in c++.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
I would suggest FLTK+, Qt, or even wxWidgets.

You could even forget C++ and just use Python or something like Vala.
SpaceWorm wrote:
As far as I know I suggest Windows Form but it is up to you if you use it or not.
I've never had anything but bad experiences with windows forms in C++. Maybe they work better in other languages, but they have like, absolutely no compatibility with the STL. Which has always made for a miserable experience for me. But that's just my opinion.

rizaado wrote:
QT is mix of programming languages for creating C++ GUI, like HTML. I want only C++.
Qt is a mix of languages only if you choose to make it a mix of languages. You can define UI pages in XML only if you want to. You can write Qt applications purely in C++ code. See this tutorial: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/tutorials-addressbook.html

As far as GUI goes, though, my best recommendation would be Qt. It's a pretty large framework, but i've found that a lot of it's features have been implemented really well. (I can't vouch for Qt 5 though. I've only ever worked with Qt 4.8 (or lower), and there have supposedly been some large overhauls in Qt 5).
Thumper wrote:
I've never had anything but bad experiences with windows forms in C++. Maybe they work better in other languages, but they have like, absolutely no compatibility with the STL. Which has always made for a miserable experience for me. But that's just my opinion.

Well, windows forms targets .NET languages, even C++/CLI "compiles" to bytecode, not directly as machine code, like C++ language do.

It only allows to use C++ syntax in windows forms, but that's it, it's not real C++.
modoran wrote:
It only allows to use C++ syntax in windows forms, but that's it, it's not real C++.
I couldn't have chosen better words myself.
I would suggest to use Windows Presentation Foundation. It is simpler than write GUI programs in C++.:)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.