linking to ComCtl32.lib in Visual C++ Express

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knows how to link the comctl32 lib to a project in Visual C++ Express. I am getting linker errors but realise why - no cmctl32 lib for things like 'InitCommonControlsEx(...)' etc. It is pointless posting the whole code as it all works perfectley well in Open Watcom C++. However, in the latter I can manually configure the make files and linker myself so the problem does'nt exist!
I tried the MSDN site, ( my word, where are those people from - planet Zog? - unfortunately I do not speak Zoggish ), but to no avail.
Any help with this matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gerald.
Hi again,
Please don't reply to the post as I have solved it myself. The reason I hav'nt deleted the post is just in case anyone else comes across the problem.
Well, I sometimes can't see the wood for the trees so I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused!
To link the comctl32.lib, ( not .dll and in lowercase ), I found the linker command line in Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and added it there, thus for anyone else;

Project >> Properties >> Congifuration Properties >> Linker >> Command Line

Then simply add comctl32.lib and away you go!

Oh, and don't forget '#include <commctrl.h>'

I also noted that this is 'project specific' so will not affect your other projects as each has its own configurations.

Regards.

Gerald.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.